Statement from the Club Executive, Man O’War GFC on Friday 17th July 2020 at 8am:
We are pleased to announce that training and matches for all teams will resume at Man O’War GFC on Saturday 18th July in accordance with advice from the Public Health Office. We can confirm that there have been no further cases of Covid-19 among our players or arising from the original case. We continue to respect the privacy of everyone involved and wish our player a speedy recovery.
Thank you to everyone at our club for their patience and understanding. We adopted a cautious approach at a time when the guidelines for clubs were evolving. We appreciate the messages of support from the wider community and the assistance received from the Public Health Office, LGFA and GAA.
The Public Health advice to our club was that the contact during our outdoor training and matches did not fall under the definition of a close contact. If club members have Covid symptoms or a positive test result, they should not attend the club, should contact their GP and refer to the updated GAA guidance (below).
This incident has highlighted that we cannot completely remove the risk of Covid-19 from our daily lives. We share a collective and personal responsibility to keep any risk to a minimum. In particular:
- Club members and visitors are reminded to observe HSE advice about hygiene and social distancing.
- Club members and visitors should cooperate with restrictions for spectators at matches.
- Each team should continue to cooperate with their Covid Supervisor to follow the GAA safe return to play guidelines, including compulsory online health screening before every training session and match.
This is a dynamic situation and all HSE, Public Health and GAA guidelines are subject to change.
Stay safe. Protect each other. Bígí sabháilte. Coinnigí a chéile slán.
Players and coaches must re-confirm their health status online before every training session and every challenge or competitive match.
Visit the GAA Covid-19 Education hub for further information, including:
- Guidance for clubs dealing with positive or suspected Covid 19 cases, last updated 14th July 2020
- NHSC Guidelines on return of spectators to GAA Club Games, 10th July 2020
HSE advice last updated 14th July 2020